Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mmmmm, Brownies in the Microwave..... in under 3 minutes!


I just had to try this one especially since it includes our focus item this week, Cocoa Powder.  I can't tell you how wonderful my kitchen smelled in such a short period of time.  The Rooster's wanted to know what I was cooking!  See the recipe at the end of this post.

This is a great idea for after school snacks, for dorm life, or a late night snack.  Also, you do not need a lot of dishes, just the tall mug, measuring spoons, and a fork.  Notice, all of the ingredients are long-term food storage staples as well!

Here is how it works: 


Gather your ingredients:  flour, Sugar, Baking Cocoa, Baking Powder, Salt, Oil, Water, Vanilla Extract, and Chocolate Chips.


In a Large Mug,  (this is important, otherwise your ingredients may overflow), put in 4 TB of flour.


4 TB of Sugar (Yes, it's lumpy.....never put Oxygen Absorbers in your sugar!)


2 TB of unsweetened baking Cocoa


1/4 Tsp of Baking Powder


A dash of salt


Mix the dry ingredients together.



Add 2 TB of Vegetable Oil


Add 3 TB of Water


1/4 Tsp of Vanilla Extract


Add 1 TB of Chocolate Chips.  I choose Milk Chocolate, however you could use the type of your choice.


Mix it together thoroughly with a fork.  I choose to wipe down the upper part of the cup as I hate a 'mess'.  Place in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds on high.


Here is the finished product.  My husband tried it.  I asked him how it tasted (as I am on my constant diet....which means not many fun foods allowed).  He said "It tastes like a brownie".  Please know this is high praise from him, I promise.


Brownies, made in the Microwave:

4 TB Flour
4 TB Sugar
2TB unsweetened Baking Cocoa
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
Dash of salt
2 TB Vegetable Oil
3 TB Water
1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 TB Chocolate Chips

Mix dry ingredients with a fork.  Add wet ingredients and mix well,  It will look like mud.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Place in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. 

Source:  I found this recipe on Youtube and it was posted by FoolnamedJon. It was entitled "Microwave Brownies!!!!". (If you choose to view the video, please know that there is a lot of movement and profanity is used as well).

Enjoy!

No comments:

01 09 10