Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's a Matter of a Road Trip!

(Image courtesy of www.stopbuyingcrap.com)

It's the last of summer, and many of us still have family trip's planned.  As a child, I viewed the 'travel' part of the trip as torture.  "You're on my side",  "You're breathing my air", "Don't touch me", "She looked at me", etc.  Thankfully, when my children came along, my husband and I were very willing to purchase the TV/VCR combination that plugged into a power source in the car.  My husband fashioned a 'stand' that fit between the two front seats (where Mom and Dad sat) that even had shelves to hold the videos.  We have since upgraded to DVD's and dual screen.....with headphones!

Well, here is another use for the Organizer made with Zip-loc type bags that was mentioned in a previous post.  You don't really need all those hard cases taking up space in your vehicle.



You can use this organizer for your DVD's, Video Game CD's, and music CD's.


Just remove the disc from the container, place it in a paper sleeve and insert into the 'page'.  You can fit a lot of disc's into these bags (at least 2/page).  That makes it compact and convenient.  It also keeps things organized so that you do not have a bunch of cases floating about the vehicle while you are driving down the freeway at 65 miles per hour!.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted to thank you for all of the information you have given on your blog! I am so impressed by all of the effort you have made and gifted to all of us. Many of whom are strangers like myself. I am not LDS but I have embraced the concept as of January 2010. I found your blog last week and I have gone through ever entry. Whew! This morning I used your way of canning some beans. I love that I canned different types all at once. I sometimes cook multiple kinds in the oven but it is over 100 degrees in Auston now and running the oven isn't going to happen today. Thanks again from a grateful reader.

The Little Red Hen said...

Thank you so much for your comment. I am pleased that you tried canning beans (http://amatterofpreparedness.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-dont-have-time.html) and found that it worked. I love it, and it makes it all so convenient.

Feel free to suggest and comment, the more the merrier! Best wishes on your efforts to prepare.

01 09 10