Sunday, March 28, 2010

Overnight Rolls with Butterscotch Glaze

Yes, I am still experimenting with Corn Syrup.  I didn't know it could do so many things....and make so many dangerously good things.  (Diet...what diet?).  This is a recipe that I made today.  I did the "prep" work 3 hours before my church meetings.  Then, the Rooster of the house cooked them as I was in a meeting.  There is a reason I am telling you this....I think it will become apparent later. 


Spray your measuring cup with non-stick spray before you put your Corn Syrup in the cup.  It helps the syrup come out easily.


Mix your Butterscotch Pudding and Corn Syrup together.


Spray your pan with Non-stick Spray.  At the bottom of a tube pan (you can use a Bundt pan) you can add Pecans if you wish.  As it is Sunday..I didn't have the nuts and knew I wouldn't be going out for them.  Then put in your frozen roll dough.  Yes, I really do have some of these rolls.....I can't do everything from scratch all the time!


Add your melted butter and stir together.


Pour the mixture over your rolls.


I didn't cover them with the mixture as well as I would have liked....because I was taking pictures with my right hand (dominant hand) and trying to pour with my left.  No worries...it all worked out.


Here is how they looked after 6.5 hours.  What a difference in volume!


Do you recall when I asked you to remember that the Rooster cooked them for me?  Well, the junior Rooster got into them before I could get them out of the pan..."beautifully".  They still tasted really good.

Here is the recipe:

Overnight Rolls with Butterscotch Glaze (www.karosyrup.com/recipe_details_text.asp?id=111)
  •  1/2 Cup chopped pecans, optional  
  •   25 ounces frozen dinner rolls (about 20 rolls, package sizes vary)
  •  1 box (3.5 ounces) butterscotch cook & serve pudding mix (not instant)
  •  1/2 cup Corn Syrup
  •  1/2 cup butter, melted.
1. Sprinkle pecans, if desired, in the bottom of lightly greased Bundt or tube pan. Place frozen rolls in pan

2. Mix together the pudding mix, corn syrup, and butter into a small bowl, pour evenly over rolls.

3. Cover rolls lightly with piece of generously greased plastic wrap. Let rolls rise 6 hours or overnight at room temperature

4. 4. To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake 30-40 minutes until lightly browned.

5. Turn pan upside down on a round plat or platter. Serve warm.

2 comments:

Ron Mylar said...

You have made a beautiful recipe and that showing the proper procedure. So that is very nice. This seems to be very delicious dish.

The Little Red Hen said...

It was fun, and very easy. Thank you for your kind comments!

01 09 10