Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's a matter of ......Freezing foods to preserve your investment

'SeveralImage via Wikipedia



In an earlier post, the LRH discussed "Flash Freezing". I use this for my berries and some fruits like bananas. After freezing, I then take them off the cookie sheet and place them into a freezer-safe bag. I can get as few or as many as I need from the bag when I want to use them.

I recently came across this video which not only briefly shows "Flash Freezing", but also discusses how to safely freeze food in general. It is done in an entertaining fashion...and I learned a lot.

What I learned that was surprising to me is that food that has Freezer burn is still safe to eat. Whether you would want to put it into a stew, or use it in some other way, it reportedly is safe. Enjoy the show....and learn a lot!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]


No comments:

01 09 10