Sunday, January 29, 2012

Something Yummy To Try!


As some of you may know, my husband and I have been called to serve in a Young Single Adult ward.  This is a congregation for College aged young adults in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In such a role, we have opportunities to serve in different ways.  This week, the Young Single Adult women came to our home for an activity.  I offered to provide the 'treats'.  These young folks get cookies, brownies (especially brownies), and cakes often.  So, I wanted to offer something really different....and healthy.   So, here is what I came up with.....Yogurt Parfaits!

Certainly, Yogurt is easily purchased, but please know that you can make it with your own powdered milk. To learn how, please go here.  It is easy and delicious. 

 
In addition to the Yogurt, you can set out a variety of toppings.  I chose to put out black berries, raspberries, strawberries, and blue berries.  Additionally, I set out granola, and mini chocolate chips.  I even put a can of whip cream out. Each young lady created their own parfait. I think everyone had seconds!  I used lemon and vanilla flavored yogurts for a variety.


Use clear colored cups or bowls so that everyone can see how beautiful their Parfaits are.

It's easy, delicious, and healthy.  Give it a try!

3 comments:

Deerie said...

What a great idea! It is so nice that you take the time to do such fun things with YSA. What a great calling!

The Little Red Hen said...

Twist my arm....twist my arm.... I just love working with the YSA. They are just tremendous people!

Diana B. @ Grocery Cents said...

What a fun idea! Homemade yogurt is such a fun healthy treat, and adding real fruit, makes it even better!
~Diana

01 09 10