Many parts of the Country are under a blanket of snow and ice. Some complain, but I am glad to have this form or 'water storage' in place when and where it should be. As we have a new year that dawned this morning, I wanted to take the opportunity to reflect on the posts that you folks visited the most over the past few years.
1. A surprising and clear leader is the post about Mother's Day. I am flattered, but very surprised by this.
2. An expected leader, is the post about canning dry beans. I see this post floating all over Pinterest and I am again surprised and flattered. However, the credit needs to go to my sister (who wishes to be anonymous), who first shared this option with me.
3. Mylar Bags, how to seal and re size them comes in third. I love using this product and would encourage you to try them.
4. An annual favorite is the post about using one of my favorite products, Clear Jel. This has been one of the leading posts in years past.
5. This post is such a functional one. It teaches us all how to can hamburger. This is such a huge convenience. If you have not tried this, I encourage you to put this on your list of 'things to do'. When you come home from a busy day and don't know what to make for dinner, having a jar of two of this ready can open up all kinds of options like soups, casseroles, etc.
6. Another surprise, to me, was the post of the role of a Relief Society Meeting Coordinator.
7. A delicious post on Gourmet Cupcakes came in next.
8. An new member of the top 10 is the post about mixing/making Powdered Milk. If you want a method to make better tasting powdered milk, you may want to consider this one. Just an FYI, I used this method to provide milk for my kids for 3 weeks before I told them what they were drinking. They were very surprised.
9. A new contender is the post about making and storing your own soup mixes. This is another great 'convenience food' that you make with your food storage staples.
10. Rounding out the top ten is post about how to maximize storage in your pantry. I still use this and love it.
Most of all, I wanted to thank you all for visiting and leaving your comments and questions. I hope that along the way, you have found suggestions or methods that have inspired you to become better prepared and enjoy the peace of preparedness. Happy new year to you, lets move forward together to make 2013 a positively memorable year.