Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day...

When my children were small, I would get up early and make a special Valentine's Breakfast complete with balloons on each chair and a special Valentine's treat by their plate. Then, we would share a Valentine's Breakfast together before the hustle and bustle of school and life would kick in.  

Simple things like pancakes in the shape of hearts, strawberry syrup and whipped cream were common.  The little gifts were fun and simple.  However, the sweet smiles and expressions of affection were and continue to be the most valuable to me.

Last Sunday, I again had a "Valentine's" meal...with my adult children who live in the area. We had the balloons again, but this time I had sweet little grandchildren present.  One of them saw the balloons and kept saying "Bubble-Bubble".  Little gift bags were given and again sweet expressions of affection were shared.  The Mail has little gifts for sweet Grandchildren who live away from us.

Why do I share this with you, because making the bonds of love is very important.  It is not what you make and serve for breakfast or dinner, rather it is what you make to bind the bonds of eternity.  

Take a moment to express your appreciation for those you love.  

Take a moment to listen to this message that includes an excerpt from one of my favorite Conference Talks by Elder Scott.

Then...go out and have a wonderful Valentine's Day today!


No comments:

01 09 10