Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Getting Ready For Valentine's Day.....Making "Heart" Rolls


It's only days away, you know....Valentine's Day.  Here is something fun to do that does not cost big bucks, but makes a special meal fun.

How To Make Heart-Shaped Rolls for Valentine's Day.

I wanted to do something fun for our dinner.  So, here we go. This was more simple that I realized.


I used my favorite white bread dough recipe and let my Breadmaker do all the work!  Roll your dough into the shape above... wide at one end and pointed at the other end.


Using a pair of scissors, cut the wide end in long-side down about 1/3 of the shape.


After cutting, attempt to soften the sharp edges with your fingers.


Shape them into a 'heart' and place them on your baking sheet in this manner. You can fit more on the baking sheet by placing them in this alternating pattern.


Spray a piece of plastic wrap with a cooking spray and cover your rolls while they raise.


After they raise (according to your recipe), the sharp edges should be softened and rounded.  Bake according to your bread recipe directions.  I baked my for 20 minutes, but next time I think I will try 18 minutes as 2 of them were harder on the bottom than the others. 


Here is the delicious result!  These are a fun and easy addition to any special meal with your sweetheart!  I made these Valentine Rolls totally from my Food Storage ingredients. 

And you thought Food Storage was boring!



No comments:

01 09 10