Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Bright Little Light.....


I have been in the "gadget getting mode" lately and have a number of posts planned....at least in my head.  This is one of those.  These are nothing beautiful to look at...or are they?

You may be asking what they are. They are called "Tooblite glowstick" and really quite nice.  I purchased these for our 72 hour kits because:


  • They give off light...and don't require batteries
  • They are reusable.  Simply leave them in the sunlight for a few minutes, use an LED flashlight to charge for a few seconds, or hold them in front of your car's headlights.
  • You can hang them up (they come with a chain) in a tent, or mark a spot on a trail
  • They are really light weight.
So, I put them in my window and then at night, I took this picture...



It's pretty hard to get my camera to take a night-time picture....and keep the flash off.  Actually, they were amazing bright.  The light lasted for hours.

They cost just under $7.00 each. What is also amazing is that this is a family business and they they make other products that glow at night like a necklace and Nightlights.  If you are a Scuba diver, they also have "Scooblite" with a lanyard.

I felt that this was worth the investment. It takes little time to charge, and are reusable.  I don't have to be concerned with having a supply of batteries for light in my 72 hour kit...or when I am just enjoying the outdoors at night.

Here is there website:  http://www.uvpaqlite.com/tooblite.html

Consider it!



No comments:

01 09 10