Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's a matter of Freezer organization....


 (Image courtesy of lightlabsusa.com)


So, you may be wondering if I have too much time on my hands.....but I assure you that is not the case.  I often get frustrated when I go to my freezer.  There are hidden treasures in there for sure, but I can't always discover them.  Then, add the little 'presesnts' that other family members put in there....and it can become quite the sorted mess.  So, out of frustration, I decided to reorganize my freezer....and here are the results:


Yes, I even pulled out my label maker....which I am sure puts me in my own special  category of OCD.  However, I was able to get so much food, in an organized manner into the freezer.


I bought sweater boxes and packed different foods into them. On this shelf, to maximize space, I turned them on their side.



But most of the time, I just placed them in a normal orientation.  (Oops, I need to snap the lid on the Fajita meat a little harder!)

When I went to make dinner last night, I opened my Freezer and just looked at it for a minute. I had no problem finding.....anything!  My kids laughed when they saw it and came to me to make comments.....while I was reorganizing the Pantry.  You see, it was getting to the point that it had too many 'hidden treasures' in it as well.

Happy Organizing!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

The last few weeks I have been getting really frustated about how disorganized my freezer is. It has its fair share of hidden treasures. Like 3 bags of pumped milk that I discovered the other day. Aidan will be 3 next month, so that tells you how often I clean out my freezer.

Scribs said...

Now THAT is impressive!

The Little Red Hen said...

Thanks for your comments ladies!

01 09 10