Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ten years in the making....

Courtesy of Esty

Those of you who have been a sewer for a while will most likely recognize Sunrise Design Patterns. I love these!  When I purchased mine, you could purchase 'master patterns' with several sizes in it for only about five dollars.  See all the cute things that can be made from this pattern?  You can still get many of these patterns by going to this website. You should really take advantage of these. 

Well, I have a new little Grand-daughter scheduled to arrive very soon.  She will be spoiled by 3 older brothers.  When my daughter was expecting her first child, and the gender was unknown, she came to visit and she picked out some lace she loved and gave me the charge that she wanted me to make the blessing dress for her baby if it were a girl.  And, if it were a boy, she would get me a pattern and fabric so that I could fashion a blessing outfit for him.  (I know what some of you are thinking...why isn't she making this for her own little one?  Just believe me, she knows how....I know because I taught her).  Anyway flattery can get you far sometimes with me as she said she wanted something special made by this 'Grandma'. I have since made 3 blessing outfits for my 3 handsome Grandson's that have come to grace my daughter's family.

Well, it was time to fashion a sweet little Blessing Dress. My daughter asked if I still had the lace she had picked out so many years ago. I wasn't sure, so I looked and lo and behold I still had it.  She chose the view on the pattern above and asked me to make it for her. So.....here is what I created:




It was a labor of love.

Take home message:
  1. I had the skill set to do this, and do it quickly.
  2. I had the pattern already.  I have used it before and can use it again in the future because it has timeless styling.  
  3. I created a bit of a 'heirloom' for my future Granddaughter.
This skill set allowed me to to do something special for my Daughter and Granddaughter.  Preparedness isn't always about be ready for extreme situations.  Look at what I got to do because I was prepared!

No comments:

01 09 10