Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's Week #3 in March...and the focus is Dehydrated Fruit...


Hi all!  It's week #3 of March and we are going to be focusing on acquiring Dehydrated or Freeze Dried Fruit.  I will try to post several ideas for you and I am trying to work out a group order, but haven't got any committment from the company I have been corresponding with.

I love chocolate...way too much.  The picture above are chocolate covered cherries.....that I made.  As you know the LRH does not do anything that is "too hard" so you know this is easy.  These are actual Cherries that I dehydrated last Fall.  I will show you before and after pictures of that process, and then the process to make these yummy treats.

Here the Cherries have been pitted.  I cut some in half and left others whole.

Here is the "after" picture.  The Cherries are now dehydrated.  They are not rock hard, they are flexible.  When you dehydrate fruit, you want to leave it "chewy".

Now on to the treat.  This took me about 10 minutes.  You could do this between commercials if you wanted to.  Here is how it is done:

I use Almond Bark.  I melted 2 squares in the microwave


I stirred it up with a fork to make sure it was all melted.  I always try to put the bowl on a plate to avoid spilling on the counter and also to have a place to put my utensil that I may be using.  It keeps the "mess" in one place.


Next, get out your cherries (or any fruit for that matter).


I placed a Cherry in the chocolate and covered it using a fork.  I then tapped the fork on the side of the bowl to let the excess chocolate fall back in the bowl.


Then, I placed them on a sheet of wax paper.  Once cooled, I put them in the bowl. 

I promise, if you try chocolate covered "anything" fruit-wise..it will not last long.  This is an easy way to introduce dehydrated fruit to your family. 


Set your timer.....they won't last long!

P.S. ....for another Sweet Treat...look at the post for Fruit Leather.  It is simple to make and delicious!

No comments:

01 09 10