Friday, March 5, 2010

Great Powdered Milk Taste Test and Review...

I love how some things are very timely.  Well this post from Utah Preppers compares all the brands that we have access to here in our area.  They were rated against Non-Fat milk (regular) as all of these milks are...non-fat.

I strongly encourage you to click on the link below and get the scoop for yourselves.  I was going to do something similar for you this week, but thanks to these good folks, it was done more in-depth than I had planned to do.

The one I prefer the flavor for is the Country Cream Instant Non-Fat milk.  I have a lot of it.  But, I also have a great deal of Non-Fat Instant Milk from our local Cannery.  If you look at the amounts needed to make the milk, there is a significant difference.  You need more Milk Powder to make Instant Milk than Non-Instant. 

Another thing to look for on a can is the ounces contained inside.  In the Country Cream brand, you get 50 ounces.  Most of the other brands (except the Cannery Milk), you will get around 30-33 ounces.  What this means is that when you open you can, there will most likely be a large head space. 

So, learn how others rated several of these Powdered Milk Powders, and make you choice.  Go get 'em!

Great Powdered Milk Taste Test and Review

No comments:

01 09 10