Wednesday, February 10, 2010

For those who are adventurous.....

(Image courtesy of simpledollar.com)

Since our target item this week is laundry detergent, I wanted to share some information about making your own. There are various reasons to do this such as cost savings. I have these items in my storage because.....if I really were in a challenging situation, I could use the ingredients to make a lot of laundry detergent with either my camp stove for the liquid type or plain ole elbow grease for the powder form.



If you search, you will find a multitude of sites, videos, etc that show you how to do this. Many of them suggest a brand of soap called Fels-Naptha. You can also use a bar of Ivory soap, or a natural soap of your liking. I have read that soap with perfumes etc can interfere with the other ingredients to make soap.  I purchased all of these items in our local grocery store.



I am including videos on how to make both types, liquid and powder. I will also include some recipes that you may want to try. Depending upon who you read, the cost is around $.08 to $.10 a load compared with $.39 cents a load for Tide.






For recipes, see this link which has about 10 different recipes to try:  http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/
TRY IT!!!

No comments:

01 09 10