Friday, February 5, 2010

February week #1: Dishwashing soap


Such a lovely picture......dish soap! This is the target item to stock up on this week. I wanted to make a point using this photo. I don't know about you, but I tend to severely dislike handling giant bottles of product. I purchase a lot of my items in bulk, but I don't like to handle "bulky" items on a regular basis. So, as you see above, I recently had to refill my smaller bottle of dish soap. I have a small bottle that is easy to access, and the larger bottle is kept "further back" in the cupboard. This way, I don't have to lift a bulky bottle every time I need to use dish soap. If it gets left out on the counter by anyone, the smaller bottle doesn't stick out like a neon sign.

As suggested before, consider marking your bottles with the date you purchased them. This way, you will know how long it takes for your family to use the entire container and also helps you calculate more specifically how much you will need on a yearly basis.

You will need both liquid and dishwasher detergent. If you were to have a power outage, washing by hand would be your only option. Using the dishwasher helps sterilize (especially during cold and flu season), & cut down on cross contamination.

For those who are are really adventerous.....here is a link to MAKE YOUR OWN Dishwasher detergent....:    http://tipnut.com/homemade-dishwasher-detergent-recipes/


Stock up today!

No comments:

01 09 10